Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 September 2010

Right now there is so much going on in my head beyond just fashion as in all honesty I found this fashion week a disappointment ( not because I am not a part of it as Jaiden rVa James) as I always went to see and view as many shows as I could regardless and have done so since I was 17. I just felt London lacked edge and was trying too hard to be polished, when what I really miss is the edge, the grit and that raw talent that comes into its own each and every season. Now all I hear is sales and figures and trying to hype up about how well the designers are selling and where they are stocked I applaud this but in many cases it's simply not true and many designers remain unstocked and creating clothes just for the sake of it. I know a few who simply forget the purpose of a show is to present to press and buyers. I miss Gareth Pugh and his ground breaking theatrical drama, he epitomized London design. Henry Holland I admire a lot his music was great and the clothes wearable and sell able, young and fun, he is a genius in the business sense capitalizing on youth quake and cool that surrounded Aggyness and himself. This opened doors for him to become a household name appearing as a presenter, an array of collabs and bagging himself a lucrative deal with Debenhams. The Men's day really has come into it's own and gets more respect each season, I found that the designers that show are growing steadily and finding themselves and what works for both the brand and their customer.

6 comments:

vintage leather jackets said...

I love your blog. Incredible photos.

Photosbyseun said...

Guess I wasn' the only one thinking that then...

I love your pieces

Rafa said...

What happened with jaiden rva james?

Jaiden Jeremy James said...

Jaiden rva James = Beautiful inside my mind forever, n o funding this season so we couldn't put on a show :(

Rafa said...

Really? what a shame : (
I have an idea/proposal, i'd like to share, you don't have email?

Jaiden Jeremy James said...

j.anusionwu@yahoo.co.uk