Search This Blog

Thursday 17 February 2011

RE-BEL 3 Unofficial Editors note

I do one for the mag and one for the blog but whatever I love RE-BEL it saved me and continues to do so the process differs from fashion design but in some ways they are the same. We launched at a time when we didn't know if the label could continue as we was pouring all we had and all we made back into rVa James and it got tothe point where we had both graduated.

This issue was hard for me and felt like the first editorial wise as I did all the interviews and features and now I know more writers which I feel I can trust to produce work of merit and the 4th Issue will showcase their talent to as I truly believe a good editor can do it themselves yes but its always better when there is more than one voice managed by one voice and a magazine is a collaborative effort and I trust the team I work alongside and our art director Rob Meyers who is amazing and has a strong vision.

None the less I interviewed people I always wanted to such as Hedi Slimane and Rankin and it was interesting to learn things from both of them and the younger names such as Leon Mark and Cameron Alexander, I also fell into Damien Blottiere's work and his world of Damo and the Beuglies a place I didn't know existed or if I did to the extent it existed.

This is one of my favorite issues yet and I have to send out thanks to Onitsuka Tiger and Diesel again for their continuing support.

No comments: